Art of Teaching Program
This program is available to committed yogis who have already completed the 100-hour Anusara Immersion Program (with any Certified Anusara teacher).
Shantaya Yoga School offers a comprehensive and inspiring 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training program. Students will learn the basics needed to become an effective and skillful teacher of yoga. This program provides those who have never taught yoga with clarity, confidence and a solid foundation. For those who are already teaching, there will be ample opportunity to deepen and refine skills to the next level. Participants will be empowered to flourish and find their unique voice while taking the seat of a teacher.
- The Anusara Art of Teaching Program is the second half (Part II) of the Anusara 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Program.
- After completion students can become licensed with Yoga Alliance and Anusara School of Hatha Yoga.
- This is a Residential Program that will take place at Amaravati Wellness Center in Mae Rim (20 km north of Chiang Mai).
- Jan 5-19, 2020 (100 hours)
- Arriving: Jan 5th from 1-3 pm. Class begin at 4 pm.
- Ending: Jan 19th at 1 pm.
- Sunday Jan 12 is a free day.
Amaravati Wellness Center (formerly Amaravati Ashram, new management)
100 Moo 7, Maerim-Samoeng Road (1096), Rim Tai Sub-district
Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai, Thailand 50180
ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE
- 100-hour Art of Teaching Program
- 14 nights in Shared Standard room
- 3 vegetarian meals/day
- Anusara Teacher Training manual
$1,800 EARLY BIRD – must paid in full by Nov 1
$2,000 PAYMENT after Nov 1
$200 extra for SINGLE STANDARD ROOM (if available)
$1,500 COURSE ONLY (commuter fee, no room/food at the venue)
If you have completed the 100-hour Immersion Program with Shantaya Yoga School there is no need to fill out the application form. Just let us know that you are coming and we will get you sorted.
For others, in order to apply [and for us to get to know you better] please fill out the form:
- After submitting the form we will get back to you with more details.
Jonas Westring, Kim Nguyen and Team Shantaya.
Our training will generally keep the following schedule:
06:15-07:15 Morning Sadhana: Pranayama, Meditation, Kriya
07:30-09:00 Asana: Theme, Sequence, Peak Pose, Main UPA’s
11:00-13:00 Lecture/Topic from Anusara TT Manual
15:30-16:30 Practice Teaching
16:30-17:30 Observing, Assisting, Adjusting
- Review of Anusara Alignment Principles and Philosophy
- Personal Practice & Studentship
- Biomechanics & Yoga Anatomy
- Asana Krama: The Art of Sequencing
- Sankalpa: Intention & Themes
- Lesson Planning & Class Design
- Observation & Demonstration Skills
- Verbal & Hands-on Adjustments
- Ethical Guidelines & Seat of the Teacher
- Stages, Modifications & Props
- Voice, Rhythm & Language
- Classroom Organization & Sacred Space
- Practice Teaching in Groups
- Basic Therapeutic Applications
Overview: Anusara 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
Part I: IMMERSION PROGRAM – 100 HOURS (Required)
This in-depth program offers a full exploration of the technical aspect of yoga postures, bio-mechanics, as well as yoga philosophy, meditation and pranayama. It covers the fundamentals while deepening any beginner-to-advanced yoga students’ understanding and experience of yoga through the lens of their own practice. By giving the teacher trainee time to be a student first, the foundation to teach from a place of clarity and authenticity is established.
Part II: ART OF TEACHING PROGRAM – 100 HOURS (This Program)
The Art of Teaching Program explores essential teaching methodologies that enable participants to share effectively the gift of yoga with others. For those new to teaching, it will create clarity and confidence to launch your teaching. For those already teaching yoga it will help attune, re-inspire, and refine teaching. Addressed are essential aspects of the yoga teaching profession including teaching methodology; organization; class planning; themes; language; practice teaching; sequencing strategies; observation; adjustments; demonstration; and taking the honorable seat of the teacher.
Those who complete the 100-hour Immersion Program and the 100-hour Art of Teaching Program with Shantaya Yoga School can register with the Yoga Alliance as an RYT-200: Registered Yoga Teacher at the 200-hour level. To register with Anusara Yoga as an AET: Anusara Elements Teacher, is also possible (by recommendation of your teacher).