The Anusara Yoga Immersion is open to all practitioners and teachers interested in deepening their yoga practice. It covers all main principles and methods of the therapeutic Anusara Yoga system and also serves as the first half of the 200-hour Anusara Yoga Teacher Training.
Anusara Yoga® is a profound, therapeutic and elegant Hatha Yoga system that blends the ancient art of yoga with the science of biomechanics. Its Universal Principles of Alignment provides educating and effective alignment details while the underlying Tantric philosophy teaches about expanding into our fullest potential in this life. Through Anusara’s life affirming approach, effective biomechanical alignment principles, and dedication to community – students can enjoy a new level of inspiration and confidence in their yoga.
200-HOUR ANUSARA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM IN VIETNAM
- Immersion A (50 hours) Aug 12-20, 2017
- Immersion B (50 hours) Aug 21-27, 2017
- Art of Teaching (100 hours) March 3-18, 2018
After completion of the Anusara Yoga 200-hour YTT students can register with:
- Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200)
- Anusara School of Hatha Yoga (ASHY) as an Anusara Elements Teacher (AET)
PART I: IMMERSION PROGRAM A & B (100 hours)
Students will enjoy a new level of understanding, awareness and inspiration on their yoga path.
- Sadhana: Early morning Pranayama & Meditation
- Alignment: The 5 Universal Principles
- Asana Foundation and Form: Anusara Syllabus I
- Structural & Functional Anatomy
- Prana Life Force, Energy Spirals & Loops
- Introduction to Yoga Philosophy & Yoga Sutra
- Bhagavad Gita: Karma, Jnana and Bhakti Yoga
- Bandhas, Kriya and Core Awakening
- Inversions, Restoratives and Props
- Adhikara: Studentship on the Yogic Path
- Asana Krama: Sequencing for Balanced Practice
- Subtle Body: Prana Vayu, Chakra, Kosha & Nadi
PART II: ART OF TEACHING PROGAM (100 hours)
This second part of of teaches how to create and design powerful, effective and inspirational yoga classes.
- Pre-requisite: 100-hour Anusara Immersion Program
- Part II will takes place in Vietnam March 3-18, 2018: venue to be decided.
Anusara Syllabus I & II Poster
Yogini Kim Nguyen
Jonas Westring, originally Swedish with decades in the USA and Asia, began his yoga journey in 1981 at the Scandinavian Yoga School and hasn’t stopped since. One of the most experienced and well-rounded yoga teachers in the region, Jonas originally brought Anusara to South-East Asia and Thailand where he keeps on spreading therapeutic alignment-based practices. A multi-certified yoga teacher and yoga therapist, certified Anusara yoga instructor, licensed physiotherapist, E-RYT 500, bodywork master – Jonas brings 35 years experience in a multitude of yoga styles, therapies and healing modalities. www.shantaya.org
Kim Nguyen, RYT500, Licensed Anusara-Inspired Teacher, has always been interested in the body’s amazing potential for movement, health and balance. Kim has practiced yoga since 2002 and was first certified at the Gymnastics and Sport Federation in Vietnam, then completed an Ashtanga Vinyasa 200-hour YTT in Singapore. Further on her yoga path she discovered Anusara Yoga and completed a 200-hour YTT and a 300-hour YTT with Shantaya Yoga School in Thailand. Kim is pioneering alignment-based yoga in Vietnam and the owner of two successful yoga studios in Ho Chi Minh City where she teaches students to practice mindfully and safely. Kim is fluent in both English and Vietnamese. www.shriyoga.vn
GENERAL DAILY SCHEDULE
06:00-07:00 | Sadhana: Pranayama, Meditation, Kriya
07:30-10:00 | Morning: Asana, Techniques, Topics
13:00-15:00 | Afternoon: Topics, Core, Inversions
18:00-20:00 | Evening: Film, Kirtan, Therapeutics, Study, etc (every other evening only)
Les Hameaux De L’Orient (Thon Kinh Dong)
Ap Rang, Xa Trung Lap Thuong, Cu Chi, Ho Chi Minh City
Cu Chi is 1 hour from Ho Chi Minh International Airport and 1.5 hours from downtown.
YOGA COURSE PRICING
Retreat Package Includes
- 15 nights accommodation in Shared Room
- Single Room available for additional 300 USD
- Daily Vegetarian Brunch and Dinner (dinner not every day for more individual food options)
- 90 teaching hours & 10 hours self-study
Dates & Times
- Immersion A: begins 3 pm on Aug 12 and ends 1 pm Aug 19
- Immersion B: begins 3 pm on Aug 20 and ends 1 pm Aug 27
- There is a 24-hour break between the two Immersions.
Early Bird Price (before July 1st)
- Immersions A & B (100 hours): 1,750 USD
- Immersion A only (50 hours): 900 USD
Regular Price (from July 1st)
- Immersions A & B (100 hours): 2,000 USD
- Immersion A only (50 hours): 1,000 USD
Needed to secure your place in the course. Non-refundable.
- 100 hours: 300 USD
- 50 hours: 200 USD
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION
- Mobile: +84-913764776 | +84-938597714
- Shri Yoga Studio: +84-38202080